Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sick and Tired

The sick part? That would be Owen and Phoebe. The tired part? That would be me. Owen has been sick since Tuesday night. He missed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from school. He had a cough, then he got a fever. I took him to the dr. yesteday morning. The dr. thought his lungs sounded junky but the xrays were okay. He gave him antibiotics, breathing treatments, and cough syrup. Phoebe suddenly got sick yesterday. She woke up from her nap sounding croupy. I took her to Urgent Care and waited for almost three hours for the dr. to tell me she didn't have croup and sent me home with the same cough syrup Owen had gotten that morning. I brought her home sounding like an animal breathing. I was scared to take my eyes off her all night. She slept fine but today has a fever and sounds horrible. I may take her back to Urgent Care to see a different doctor.

So my day yesterday and this morning:

9:00 Drop Phoebe off at Mom's
9:30 Owen's Doctor Appt.
11:00 Finally get out of the Dr.
11:15 Lunch at McDonalds
11:45 Pick up medicine at Pharmacy
12:30 Pick up Phoebe
12:45 Get home, lay Phoebe down for her nap because she fell asleep in van. Leave her and Owen with Danny.
1:30 Meeting at school for Valentine Party discussion
2:00 Parent Meeting at school
3:00 Get Chloe from her class and head home
3:30 Home from school, rush to fix dinner
4:00 Wake Phoebe up from her nap and notice she sounds croupy
4:30 Eat quickly
5:00 Leave to take Phoebe to Urgent Care. Danny takes Chloe and Owen to Mom's before he goes to work at 6:00.
5:30-7:45 Wait in the waiting room to see the dr. Take Phoebe to potty three times. Go to the vending machine. Entertain Phoebe.
8:00 Finally get out of Urgent Care and didn't accomplish anything. Treat Phoebe to m&ms from vending machine.
8:30 Pick up Chloe and Owen
9:00 Finally home. Give out everyone's medicine, breathing treatments, get vaporizer going, get everyone ready for bed.
12:00 I go to bed.
5:00 am Owen wakes me up telling me his ear hurts. Get Tylenol and hot water bottle.
5:30 Phoebe wants milk
7:00 Get up with Owen
7:30 Chloe gets up
8:00 Phoebe is up
8:15 Pass out the medicine. Make pancakes.
Now I'm getting ready to clean the kitchen and start laundry. I need a NAP!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I hope the kids get feeling better ASAP. I am exhausted just reading about your day. I hope you get a nap!!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Your schedule made me want to cry.